Can you make sloppy joes with just half a pound of ground beef? Of course you can! Here’s how.
Half-Pound Sloppy Joes
Make that half pound of ground beef go even further!
- 1 Frying Pan
- 8 oz ground beef (80/20)
- 1 pkt sloppy joe mix
- 3 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 15.5 oz can baked beans (drained, reserve the liquid)
- 3/4 cup water (approximately)
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- While the mean is browning, drain the baked beans, reserving the liquid into a measuring cup.
- Add the packet of sloppy joe mix and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add enough water to the reserved liquid from the baked beans to make up 1¼ cups total and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the beans, and simmer 5-10 minutes until they are heated through.
- Mash some of the beans with a potato masher to thicken the filling. Serve on buns.
Nutrition information does not include buns.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!