Who knew really good salsa was so easy? Just chop, stir, and enjoy. The key is to get perfectly ripe tomatoes.ja
Fresh Salsa (Salsa Fresca)
Fresh salsa is easy to make.
- 1 knife (very sharp)
- 1 cutting board (as large as possible)
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 each jalapeo pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tsp lime juice (freshly squeeze)
- 2 tbs cilantro (freshly chopped)
- Chop all your vegetables.
- Mix all together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least thirty minutes.
The proportions here are completely optional. You can add it as much or as little of an ingredient as you like. This is really more of a guide than a strict recipe. I sometimes like to add a pinch of ground cumin and a pinch of granulated garlic as well to add an extra dimension of flavor. A pinch of ground cayenne will also kick up the heat level as well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!