A taco that weighs half a pound? Nope! But a way to feed tacos to a family of four with only half a pound of ground beef.
Half Pound Tacos
How to feed tacos to a family of four with only a half pound of beef.
- 8 oz ground beef (80/20 works fine)
- 1 15-oz can chili beans (do not drain)
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Brown the ground beef in a medium pan, breaking it up as you do so. Drain if necessary.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring every once in a while, until they are softened.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the tomato paste is slightly browned.
- Add the cumin and garlic and stir to combine.
- Add the beans and all their liquid.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Use a potato masher to mash some of the beans for a thicker consistency.
Nutritional values are calculated using 80/20 ground beef and do not include tortillas or additional toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!