This is easy and fast—although it’s never fast enough when you are hungry!
To make life easier on myself, I just used a can of biscuits from the store. But we’ll cover homemade biscuits at some point in the future.
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 oven
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3-4 cups milk
- pepper to taste
- 1 pkg store-bought biscuits
- In a heavy pan (cast iron is great, but use what you have), brown the sausage over medium heat, breaking it up as you go. Do not discard the fat.
- Put the biscuits in the oven and bake according to the directions on the package.
- Add the flour, stirring to combine. Cook 2-3 minutes until the flour is thoroughly cooked.
- Add three cups of the milk and stir thoroughly. Cook over medium-low heat until it thickens. (Do not allow to boil.)
- If you prefer a thinner gravy, add the fourth cup of milk and simmer until thickened, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Have a question? Please feel free to leave a comment below!